(MEYLE TOWING COMPANY)
Founded in 1895 by Emil Meyle under the company name of “E. Meyle”, the company was incorporated in 1909 as the “Independent Pier Company”. Operating out of Pier 34 in Philadelphia on the Delaware River, services included towing, lighterage, stevedoring, and wharfage. In 1980 the company’s assets were sold to McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, NY.