Built in 1944, by Ira S. Bushey and Sons of Brooklyn, New York (hull #553) as the YN-533 for the United States Navy.
In 1944, the United States Navy re designated the tanker as the YO-167.
In 1945, the tanker was allocated to 15th Naval District at San Juan, Puerto Rico.
In 1965, she was acquired by the Eklof Marine Corporation of Staten Island, New York. Where the tanker was renamed as the Jet Trader.
In 1993, the Eklof Marine Corporation was acquired by K-Sea Transportation Partnership Incorporated of Staten Island, New York. Where the unit retained her name.
In 2004, she was "laid up" at the K-Sea Transportation Partnership's yard in Mariner's Harbor in Staten Island, New York. As a result of OPA '90 regulations that prohibited the transport of petroleum products by single skin vessels.
On September 2nd, 2005 the tanker was reefed off of Atlantic City, New Jersey. She was powered by a single, Detroit Diesel 12-149 diesel engine. With a Twin Disc reduction gear, turning a single, fixed pitch propeller. She was a single screw tanker, rated at 1,800 horsepower.
Her electrical service was provided by two, 20kW, Lima generator set. Driven by two, Detroit Diesel 71-20 diesel engines.
For cargo operations she was outfitted with three, Detroit Diesel 71-20 Diesel engines. Driving a 30kW, Delco generator set. With two, Detroit 6-71 diesel engines driving a deep well, 1800 Byron Jackson cargo pump. With a capacity of 2,160 gallons per minute.