Built in 1957, by G.M. Nichols Boat Works of Hood River, Oregon (hull #94) as the Shepard for the Shepard Towing Company of Portland, Oregon.
The tug was later acquired by Albert Bernert Incorporated of Oregon City, Oregon. Where she was renamed as the Lori B.
In 1981, Albert Bernert Incorporated became Bernert Barge Lines Incorporated of Oregon City, Oregon. Where the tug retained her name.
She is a twin screw tug, rated at 1,800 horsepower.