Built in 1879, by John H. Dialogue and Son of Camden, New Jersey (hull #205) as the Kate Jones.
On June 6, 1898 she was acquired by the United States Navy and was renamed as the Seminole . The tug was then transferred to USQMD and renamed as the General Ayres.
In 1906, she was returned to her original owners and her original name of Kate Jones.
Her current and or final disposition is unknown.