Built in 1945, by the Hillstrom Shipbuilding Company of Coos Bay, Oregon as the Cygnet for the Coos Bay Towboat Company of Coos Bay, Oregon.
In 1998, the tug was acquired by an individual named Brian D. Nolan of Soldotna, Alaska. Where she retained her name.
In 2002, she went out of documentation. The tug was last reported as "laid-up" at a boatyard near Seward, Alaska.
She was a single screw tug, rated at 510 horsepower.