Built in 1871, by Cramp Shipbuilding of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as the Emily.
In 1944, the vessel was acquired by the Fisher Towboat Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Fisher No. 15. Originally steam-powered, and operated as a passenger vessel, she was re-powered and modified for towing.
In 1955, she was acquired by McAllister Brothers Towing of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1956, the tug was acquired by the Daniels Oil Company of Manteo, North Carolina. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1962, the tug was acquired by Maritime Salvage of Norfolk, Virginia, where the tug retained her name.
She was later acquired by Sadler Towing of Norfolk, where the tug retained her name
In 1973, the tug was scrapped.
She was a single screw tug, rated at 165 horsepower.