Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
LULU

Built in 1943 by Trageser Copper Works at Maspeth, New York as the LCM (3)-type landing craft C28465 for the United States Navy.

In 1956, the vessel was rebuilt as a pushboat and acquired by the Guy F. Atkinson Construction Company of Long Beach, California. Where she was renamed as the Iron Mule II.

In 1964 she was acquired by the Jones Tug and Barge Company of Long Beach, Calfornia. Where the tug was renamed as the Mule.

She was eventually acquired by the General Petroleum Corporation of Rancho Dominguez, California. Where the tug was renamed as the Miss Natalie .

The General Petroleum Corporation was later rebranded as Maxum Petroleum, an independent subsidiary of Pilot Thomas Logistics LLC of Fort Worth, Texas.

In 2016, the tug was acquired by Sause Brothers Incorporated of Coos Bay, Oregon. Where she was renamed as the Lulu.

In 2018, she was acquired by Deforge Maritime Towing LLC of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.


  • Vessel Name: LULU
  • USCG Doc. No.: 272234
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Call Sign: WDC3400
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Ship Builder: TRAGESER COPPER WORKS INC
  • Year Built: 1943
  • Length: 46.1
  • Hailing Port: PORTLAND, OR
  • Hull Depth: 4.4
  • Hull Breadth: 13.9
  • Gross Tonnage: 23
  • Net Tonnage: 16
  • Owner:
    DEFORGE MARITIME TOWING LLC
    1441 N NORTHLAKE WAY
    SEATTLE, WA 98103
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    C28465, IRON MULE II, MULE, MISS NATALIE
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Navy, Guy F. Atkinson Co, Jones Tug and Barge Company, G. P. RESOURCES, INC., GENERAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION, SAUSE BROS INC