Built in 1974, by Mainstream Shipyards Incorporated of Greenville, Mississippi (hull #7457) as the Beverly Ann for the Alter Barge Line Incorporated of Wynne, Arkansas.
In 2004, the tug was acquired by Tennessee Valley Towing Incorporated of Paducah, Kentucky. Where she was renamed as the Lillie Gail.
In 2006, she was acquired by James Transportation Incorporated of Paducah, Kentucky. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2007, the tug was acquired by the Marquette Transportation Company of Jefferson, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Joshua David Esper.
Powered by three, EMD-12-645E7B-1042 diesel engines. With Falk reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.48:1. Turning three, stainless steel, Avdl 100(in) by 106.4(in), fixed pitch propellers, mounted in kort nozzles. She is a triple screw towboat, rated at 6,300 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, John Deere 6081 generator sets. The tug's capacities are 101,760 gallons of fuel, and 2,177 gallons of lube oil.