Built in 1980, by Jeffboat Incorporated of Jeffersonville, Indiana (hull #79-2048) as the Conti Arlie for ContiCarriers and Terminals Incorporated of Chicago, Illinois.
In 1996, the tug was leased to the American Commercial Barge Line Incorporated of Jeffersonville, Indiana. Where she was renamed as the Arlie.
In 2003, she was acquired by the Memco Barge Line Incorporated of Chesterfield, Missouri. Where she was renamed as the Bruce Darst.
In 2008, Memco Barge Line Incorporated became AEP River Operations Incorporated of Chesterfield, Missouri. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2013, she was acquired by the Marquette Transportation Company of Jefferson, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Jason W. Nyberg.
Powered by two, EMD 16-645E7B-1042 diesel engines. With Lufkin reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.189:1. Turning two, Avdl, 110(in) by 105(in), stainless steel, fixed pitch propellers, mounted kort nozzles. She is a twin screw towboat, rated at 6,140 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, John Deere 6090 generator sets. The tug's capacities are 102,900 gallons of fuel, and 3,001 gallons of lube oil.