Built in 1962, by St. Louis Shipbuilding and Steel Company of St. Louis, Missouri (hull # 1862) as the Daniel Webster for the A.L. Mechling Barge Lines Incorporated of Joliet, Illinois.
In 1986, the tug was leased Western Kentucky Navigation Incorporated of Paducah, Kentucky. Where she retained her name.
In 1988, she was acquired by National Marine Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1998, the tug was acquired by American Commercial Barge Line Incorporated of Jeffersonville, Indiana. Where she retained her name.
In 2005, she was acquired by the Excell Marine Corporation of Cincinnati, Ohio. Where the tug was renamed as the C.H. Martin.
In 2007, the tug was acquired by the Marquette Transportation Company of Jefferson, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Darin M. Adrian.
Powered by two, Tier III compliant, EMD-12-710G7C diesel engines. With Lufkin reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.343:1. Turning two, 108(in) by 117(in), stainless steel, fixed pitch propellers, in kort nozzles. She is a twin screw towboat, rated at 6,140 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, Caterpillar 3306 diesel engines. The tug's capacities are 102,362 gallons of fuel, and 2,000 gallons of lube oil.