Built in 1976, by St. Louis Ship Incorporated of St. Louis, Missouri (hull #3795) as the Joe P. Gills for the Indiana-Michigan Power Company of Columbus, Ohio.
In 1994, the tug was acquired by the Marquette Transportation Company of Jefferson, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the George King.
In 2018, the Marquette Transportation Company, renamed the tug as the MTC Hull.
Powered by two, EMD 16-645E7B-1042 diesel engines. With Falk reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.345:1. Turning two, Avdl, 108(in) by 110(in), stainless steel, fixed pitch propellers. She is a twim screw towboat, rated at 6,140 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, John Deere 6081 generator sets. The tug's capacities are 79,610 gallons of fuel, and 1,526 gallons of lube oil.