Built in 1979, by the Dravo Corporation of Neville Island, Pennsylvania (hull #7272) as the John Paul Eckstein for the Marquette Transportation Company of Jefferson, Louisiana.
In 1997, the Marquette Transportation Company renamed the tug as the Theresa L. Wood.
Powered by two, EMD-16-645E7B/1042-NREC diesel engines. With Falk reduction gears, at a ratio of
4.345:1. Turning two, 108(in) by 117(in), Avdl, stainless steel, fixed pitch propellers, in kort nozzles. She is a twin screw towboat, rated at 6,140 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, John Deere 6081 generator sets. The tug's capacities are 95,723 gallons of fuel, and 1,485 gallons of lube oil.