Built in 1961, by the St. Louis Shipbuilding and Steel Company of St. Louis, Missouri (hull #1859) as the John Ladd Dean for Midland Enterprises Incorporated of Cincinnati, Ohio.
In 2004, the tug was acquired by the Excell Marine Corporation of Cincinnati, Ohio. Where she was renamed as the Jerry E. Holbert.
In 2009, she was acquired by the Marquette Transportation Company of Jefferson, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Ronald E. Wagenblast.
Powered by two, EMD 16-645E7B diesel engines. With Western reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.12:1. Turning two, 109(in) by 103(in), stainless steel, fixed pitch propellers, mounted in kort nozzles. She is a twin screw towboat, rated at 6,140 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, Caterpillar 3306 generator sets. The tug's capacities are 64,616 gallons of fuel, and 1,270 gallons of lube oil.