Built in 1975, by Scully Brothers Boat Builders Incorporated of Stephensville, Louisiana (hull #39) as the Sarah E. Thomas for the Marine Expediting Company of Butler, Pennsylvania.
In 1988, the Marine Expediting Company renamed the tug as the Teresa Renee Beesecker.
In 1998, she was acquired by the Marquette Transportation Company of Jefferson, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the K.L.J. Erickson.
In 2007, the Marquette Transportation Company renamed the tug as the Miss Doris.
Powered by two, EMD 12-645E7B/1042-NREC diesel engines. With Masson reduction gears, at a ratio of 4:1. Turning two, stainless steel, Avdl, 96(in) by 102(in), fixed pitch propellers, mounted in kort nozzles. She is a twin screw towboat, rated at 4,200 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, Cummins 6CTA8.3D generator sets. The tug's capacities are 62,418 gallons of fuel, and 820 gallons of lube oil.