Built in 1956, by the Dravo Corporation of Neville Island, Pennsylvania (hull #3696) as the Lynn B. for the A.L. Mechling Barge Lines Incorporated of Joliet, Illinois.
In 1995, the A.L. Mechling Barge Lines renamed the tug as the Steven Joseph.
In 2008, she was acquired by the the Marquette Transportation Company of Jefferson, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Pere Marquette.
Powered by two, EMD-12-645E5 diesel engines. With Falk reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.48:1. Turning two, Avdl, 102(in) by 92(in), stainless steel, fixed pitch propellers, mounted in kort nozzles. She is a twin screw towboat, rated at 4,200 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, Cummins 6CTA8.3-G2 generator sets. The tug's capacities are 78,856 gallons of fuel, and 2,484 gallons of lube oil.