Built in 1956, by Maritime Steel Fabricators Incorporated of Oakland, California as the Feather River for Crowley Marine Services Incorporated of San Francisco, California.
In 1995, the tug was acquired by Raymond Carpenter of San Diego, California. Where she retained her name.
In 2010, she was acquired by C-Ray Incorporated of San Diego, California. Where the tug was renamed the Killeen.
Powered by two, Caterpillar D-379 Diesel engines. She is a twin screw tug, rated at 1,200 horsepower.