Built in 1900, by Crawford and Reid Shipyard of Tacoma, Washington as the Echo for the Olson Tugboat Company of Tacoma, Washington.
In 1916, the tug was acquired by the Foss Boat House Company of Tacoma, Washington. Where she retained her name.
In 1919, the Foss Boat House Company was renamed as the Foss Launch and Tug Company of Tacoma, Washington.
In September of 1930, she was laid up at Seattle, Washington. The tug was later burned for scrap at Shilshole Bay in Seattle, Washington. She was a single screw, steam tugboat rated at 175 horsepower.