Built in 1907, at Tacoma, Washington as the Olympian for the Olson Tugboat Company of Tacoma, Washington.
In 1916, the tug was acquired by the Foss Boat House Company of Tacoma, Washington. Where she retained her name.
In 1919, the Foss Boat House Company was renamed as the Foss Launch and Tug Company of Tacoma, Washington. Where the tug was rebuilt with a single diesel engine. And, she was renamed as the Foss No. 16.
In 1963, the tug was "laid up" at Tacoma, Washington.
She was later acquired by undisclosed interests in Tacoma, Washington. Where she sank. And was then salvaged and acquired by the Divers Institute of Seattle Washington. For use as a salvage training vessel.
The tug is no longer in documentation, her current and, or final disposition is unknown.