Built in 1962, by the Nashville Bridge Company of Nashville, Tennessee (hull #1493) as the Esso Pennsylvania for the Esso Shipping Company of Wilmington, Delaware.
In 1972, the Esso Shipping Company became the Exxon Shipping Company of Wilmington, Delaware where the tug was renamed as the Exxon Pennsylvania.
In 1983, she was acquired by Cargo Carriers Incorporated of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Where the tug was renamed as the Hoosier State.
In 1994, the tug was acquired by the Marquette Transportation Company of Jefferson, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Cindy L. Erickson.
In 2018, she was "laid up," and went out of documentation.
Powered by two, GM 16-645E5 diesel engines. With Western reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.5:1. Turning two, stainless steel, fixed pitch propellers in kort nozzles. She was a twin screw towboat, rated at 5,600 horsepower.