Built in 1943, by the Bay Shipbuilding Company of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin (hull #158) as the ST-175 for the United States Army.
In 1946, the tug was acquired by an individual named A.G. Thomas of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Jane T.
In 1948, she was acquired by the Merritt-Chapman and Scott Corporation of New York, New York. Where tug retained her name.
In 1966, the tug was acquired by the Dunbar and Sullivan Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Where she retained her name.
In 1970, she was acquired by the Luedtke Engineering Company of Frankfort, Michigan. Where the tug was renamed as the Gretchen B.
She is a single screw tug, rated at 200 horsepower.