Built in 1956, by Bollinger Shipyards Incorporated of Lockport, Louisiana (hull #14) as the Miss Lana for Peter Kiewit of New Orleans, Louisiana.
The tug was later acquired by Falcon Marine Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Jere C.
In 1990, the tug was acquired by the Luedtke Engineering Company of Frankfort, Michigan. Where she was renamed as the Kurt R. Luedtke.
She is a twin screw tug, rated at 1,100 horsepower.