Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
STELLA D.
Pictured as: the Edwin Busch (Busch Marine Company) Photo by: Todd Shorkey

Built in 1935, by the Manitowoc Shipbuilding Company of Manitowoc, Wisconsin (hull #282) as the Stella D. for the L.A. Wells Construction Company of Cleveland, Ohio.

In 1961, the tug was acquired by the Esco Dredge and Fill Corporation of Wilmington, Delaware. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1968, she was acquired by the Erie Sand and Gravel Company of Erie, Pennsylvania. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1975, the tug was acquired by the Luedtke Engineering Company of Frankfort, Michigan. Where she was renamed as the Paul L. Luedtke.

In 1998, she was acquired by BIDCO Marine Incorporated of Buffalo, New York. Where she was renamed ash the Joanne.

In 2009, the tug was acquired by Busch Marine Incorporated of Carrollton, Michigan. Where she was renamed as the Edwin C. Busch.

She is a single screw tug, rated at 200 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: STELLA D.
  • USCG Doc. No.: 234074
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted Registry
  • Call Sign: WYZ4759
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 282
  • Ship Builder: Manitowoc Shipbuilding Co.
  • Year Built: 1935
  • Length: 43
  • Hailing Port: CLEVELAND, OH.
  • Hull Depth: 5
  • Hull Breadth: 12
  • Gross Tonnage: 18
  • Net Tonnage: 12
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Stella D., Paul L. Luedtke, EDWIN C BUSCH, JOANNE
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    L.A. Wells Construction Co., Esco Dredge and Fill Corp., Erie Sand and Gravel Co., Luedtke Engineering Co., BIDCO Marine Inc.