Built in 1935, by the Manitowoc Shipbuilding Company of Manitowoc, Wisconsin (hull #282) as the Stella D. for the L.A. Wells Construction Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1961, the tug was acquired by the Esco Dredge and Fill Corporation of Wilmington, Delaware. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1968, she was acquired by the Erie Sand and Gravel Company of Erie, Pennsylvania. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1975, the tug was acquired by the Luedtke Engineering Company of Frankfort, Michigan. Where she was renamed as the Paul L. Luedtke.
In 1998, she was acquired by BIDCO Marine Incorporated of Buffalo, New York. Where she was renamed ash the Joanne.
In 2009, the tug was acquired by Busch Marine Incorporated of Carrollton, Michigan. Where she was renamed as the Edwin C. Busch.
She is a single screw tug, rated at 200 horsepower.