Built in 1958, by Superior Boat Works Incorporated of Greenville, Mississippi as the C. B. Southern for the Southern Towing Company of Memphis, Tennessee.
In 1987, the Southern Towing Company renamed the tug as the John Murphy.
In 1989, she was acquired by the Choctaw Transportation Company Dyersburg, Tennessee. Where the tug was renamed as the Ms. Amy.
In 1994, the tug was acquired by the E and S Towing Company Incorporated of Diamond Head, Mississippi. Where she was renamed as the Ms. Audrey Dean.
In 2004, she was acquired by Florida Marine Transporters Incorporated of Mandeville, Louisiana. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2015, the tug was acquired by the Whitetail Vessel Company of Paducah, Kentucky. Where she was renamed as the Bill Hill.
Powered by two, GM 12-567C diesel engines. With Falk reduction gears, at a ratio of 2.5:1. She is a twin screw towboat, rated at 2,700 horsepower.