Built in 1931, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #66) as the Arizona for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
The tug was later outfitted with a hydraulic, elevating wheelhouse for barge service in and around the Chicago area. However, the modification was later removed.
In 1955, the tug was reconfigured to diesel propulsion with a single, EMD 12-567C diesel engine. She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,300 horsepower.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp)