Built in 1928, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #59) as the Colorado for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1964, he tug was outfitted with a hydraulic, elevating wheelhouse for barge service in and around the Chicago area. However, the modification was later removed.
In 1954, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by one, EMD 12-567C diesel engine. With a Falk Reverse reduction gear, at a ratio of 3.5:1. Turning one, 84(in) by 80(in), four bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller, in a Kort nozzle. She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,640 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by one, Detroit Diesel 3-71 diesel generator sets.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp, Paul Strubeck)