Built in 1911, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #15) as the Indiana for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1958, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by single, Cleveland 12-278 diesel engine. With a Farrel-Birmingham reduction gear, at a ratio of 4.233:1. Turning one, 102(in) by 87(in), stainless steel, fixed pitch, three bladed propeller. She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,050 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by one Detroit Diesel 3-71 generator set, and one shaft generator.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp, Paul Strubeck)