Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
A.C. ADAMS

Built in 1881, by the the Union Drydock Company of Buffalo, New York (hull #24) as the A.C. Adams.

In 1882, the tug was acquired by J.H. Gillett of Marquette, Michigan. Where she retained her name.

In 1890, she was acquired by Edward Smith and John Fee of the Smith and Fee Company of Duluth, Minnesota. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1893, the tug was acquired by the Inman Tug Company of Duluth, Minnesota. Where she retained her name.

In 1899, she was acquired by the Union Towing and Wrecking Company of Cleveland, Ohio. A division of the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1920, the tug was scuttled 1(nm) east of Duluth, Minnesota. She was powered by one, single cylinder, high pressure, non condensing steam engine.


  • Vessel Name: A.C. ADAMS
  • USCG Doc. No.: 105994
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted Registry
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Hull Number: 24
  • Ship Builder: Union Drydock Co.
  • Year Built: 1881
  • Length: 62
  • Hull Breadth: 16
  • Gross Tonnage: 41
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    A.C. Adams
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    J.H. Gillett, Smith and Fee Co., Inman Tug Co.