Built in 1907, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio as the Abner C. Harding for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1934, the Great Lakes Towing Company renamed the tug as the Arkansas.
In 1949, she was acquired by the Toronto Towing and Salvage Company of Toronto. Where the tug was renamed as the H.J. Dixon.
In 1965, the tug was scrapped at Hamilton, Ontario. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,200 horsepower.