Built in 1926, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #54) as the California for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 2010, the tug was "laid up" at Cleveland, Ohio. And in 2019, the tug was scrapped at Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1954, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by one, Cleveland 12-278A diesel engine. With a Farrel-Birmingham reduction gear, at a ratio of 4.233:1. Turning one, 102(in) by 87(in), three bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,050 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by one, Detroit Diesel 3-71 diesel generator set, and a shaft generator.
(Isaac Pennock, Paul Strubeck)