Built in 1895, by the Jenks Shipbuilding Company of Port Huron, Michigan (hull #7) as the F.J. Haynes Thompson Towing and Wrecking Company of Marquette, Michigan.
In 1899, the tug was acquired by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Where she retained her name.
In 1905, she was acquired by the Beaubien Ice and Coal Company of Detroit, Michigan. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1927, the tug was acquired by William Nicholson of the Nicholson Transit Company of Detroit, Michigan. Where she retained her name.
In 1941, the tug was abandoned.