Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
F.J. HAYNES

Built in 1895, by the Jenks Shipbuilding Company of Port Huron, Michigan (hull #7) as the F.J. Haynes Thompson Towing and Wrecking Company of Marquette, Michigan.

In 1899, the tug was acquired by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Where she retained her name.

In 1905, she was acquired by the Beaubien Ice and Coal Company of Detroit, Michigan. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1927, the tug was acquired by William Nicholson of the Nicholson Transit Company of Detroit, Michigan. Where she retained her name.

In 1941, the tug was abandoned.


  • Vessel Name: F.J. HAYNES
  • USCG Doc. No.: 1210040
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted Registry
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Hull Number: 7
  • Ship Builder: Jenks Shipbuilding Co
  • Year Built: 1895
  • Length: 50
  • Hull Depth: 7.4
  • Hull Breadth: 14.1
  • Gross Tonnage: 27
  • Net Tonnage: 18
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    F.J. Haynes
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Thompson Towing and Wrecking Co., Great Lakes Towing Co., Union Towing & Wrecking Co., Beaubien Ice & Coal Co., William Nicholson, Nicholson Transit Co.