Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
FAIRPORT

Built in 1914, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #32) as the Fairport for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.

In 1943, the tug was acquired by Canada Steamship Lines Incorporated of Montreal, Canada. Where the tug was renamed as the Bayport.

In 1962, Canada Steamship Lines Incorporated renamed the tug as the Tug A.

In 1963, the tug was acquired by an individual named Frederick R. Mireault of Montreal, Canada. Where she was renamed as the Twin Port.

In 1966, she was acquired by an individual named Edith M. Mireault of Montreal, Canada. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1970, the tug was acquired by an individual named Victor A. Borak of Montreal, Canada. Where she retained her name.

In 1971, she was acquired by A.B. McLean and Son Montreal, Canada. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1975, A.B. McLean and Son renamed the tug as the Rod McLean.

In 1994, the tug was acquired by Purvis Marine Limited of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1994, the tug was "laid up" at Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. And, in 2012, the tug was scrapped.

In 1960, she was converted to diesel propulsion. In 1973, the tug was rebuilt by A.B. McLean and Son Montreal, Canada. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,200 horsepower.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp)


  • Vessel Name: FAIRPORT
  • USCG Doc. No.: 212730
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted Registry
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 32
  • Ship Builder: Great Lakes Towing Co.
  • Year Built: 1914
  • Length: 78
  • Hull Depth: 11
  • Hull Breadth: 17
  • Gross Tonnage: 65
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Fairport, Bayport, Tug A, Twin Port, Rod McLean
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Great Lakes Towing Co., Canada Steamship Lines Inc., Frederick R. Mireault, Edith M. Mireault, Victor A. Borak, A.B. McLean & Son, Purvis Marine Ltd.