Built in 1921, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #49) as the Maine for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1982, the tug was chartered as the Saipan.
In 1983, she was chartered to a Tampa, Florida based operator. Where the tug was renamed as the Hilsboro.
In 1984, the tug was returned to the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Where she was renamed as the Maine.
In 2019, the tug was scrapped at Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1951, she was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by one, EMD 12-567ATL diesel engine. With a Falk Reverse reduction gear, at a ratio of 2.98:1. Turning one, 84(in) by 80(in), four bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller,in a Kort nozzle. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,640 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, Detroit Diesel 2-71 diesel generator sets
(Isaac Pennock, Paul Strubeck)