Built in 1929, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #60) as the Montana for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 2000, she was "laid up" at Cleveland, Ohio. And in 2012, the tug was scrapped.
In 1956, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by one, Cleveland 8-498 diesel engine. With a Farrel-Birmingham reduction gear, at a ratio of 4.233:1. Turning one, 102(in) by 87(in), three bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,400 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by one, Detroit Diesel 3-71 diesel generator set, and one shaft generator.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp, Paul Strubeck)