Built in 1910, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #12) as the W. L. Mercereau for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1937, Great Lakes Towing Company renamed the tug a the New Mexico.
In 1997, the tug was transferred to the Puerto Rico Towing and Barge Company of San Juan, Puerto Rico. A subsidy of the Great Lakes Group of Cleveland, Ohio. Where she was renamed as the Punta Lima.
In 1957, she was converted to diesel propulsion. She is no longer listed in documentation, her current and or final disposition is unknown.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp)