Built in 1913, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #24) as the Q.A. Gillmore for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1932, the tug was acquired by the C. Reiss Coal Company of Green Bay, Wisconsin. Where she was renamed as the Reiss.
In 1969, she was acquired by the Saugatuck Marine Museum of Saugutuck, Michigan. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2004, the tug was donated to the Northeastern Maritime Historical Foundation of Duluth, Minnesota. Where she was renamed as the Q.A. Gillmore.
In 2004, she was acquired by Clearwater Marine Incorporated of Holland, Michigan. Where the tug retained her name. However, she was "laid up" at Saugutuck, Michigan.
Powered by a single, two cylinder steam engine, she is a single screw tug.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp)