Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
W.G. MASON

Built in 1898, by the Jenks Shipbuilding Company of Port Huron, Michigan (hull #12) as the W.G. Mason for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.

In 1913, the tug was acquired by the Michigan Limestone and Chemical Company of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Where she retained her name.

In 1926, the tug was abandoned.


  • Vessel Name: W.G. MASON
  • USCG Doc. No.: 81617
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Hull Number: 12
  • Ship Builder: Jenks Shipbuilding Co.
  • Year Built: 1898
  • Length: 84
  • Hull Depth: 10.4
  • Hull Breadth: 20.4
  • Gross Tonnage: 54
  • Net Tonnage: 99
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    W.G. Mason
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Maytham Wrecking & Towing Co. Hand & Johnson Tug Line Inc., Great Lakes Towing Co., Michigan Limestone & Chemical Co.