Built in 1956, by Arnold V. Walker of Pascagoula, Mississippi (hull #113) as the Patoka for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
In 2006, the tug burned at Mobile, Alabama. She was rebuilt at Steiner Shipyard of Bayou LaBatre, Alabama.
In 2012, she was acquired by Ivy Marine Incorporated of Daphne, Alabama. Where the tug retained her name.
Powered by two, GM 12V-71 diesel engines. She is a twin screw towboat, rated at 680 horsepower.