Built in 1940, by Levingston Shipbuilding Incorporated of Orange, Texas (hull #155) as the Dr. E. W. Brown for the Higman Towing Company of Houston, Texas.
The tug was later acquired Mar-K Towing of Panama City, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Jefferson.
Powered by a single, 12 cylinder, EMD 645 diesel engine, with a Falk reduction gear. She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,550 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 40kW generator sets. Driven by two, Detroit Diesel 3-71 diesel engines.