Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
E. L. JONES
Photo by: Milind Balaji

Built in 1959, by Jakobson Shipyard Incorporated of Oyster Bay, New York (hull #387) Flo W. for the Merritt-Chapman and Scott Corporation of New York, New York.

In 1966, the tug was acquired by the Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Company of Oak Brook, Illinois. Where she was renamed as the Karl E. Martersteck.

In 1989, she was acquired by the Mar-K Towing Company of Panama City, Florida. Where the tug was renamed as the E.L. Jones.

She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,600 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: E. L. JONES
  • USCG Doc. No.: 278545
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • IMO Number: 5116402
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Call Sign: WDC9840
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 387
  • Ship Builder: JAKOBSON SHIPYARD, INC.
  • Year Built: 1959
  • Length: 92
  • Hailing Port: PANAMA CITY, FL.
  • Hull Depth: 10
  • Hull Breadth: 26
  • Gross Tonnage: 194
  • Net Tonnage: 132
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Flo W., Karl E. Martersteck, E. L. JONES
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Merritt-Chapman and Scott Corp., Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Co.