Built in 1977, by McDermott Shipyard Incorporated of New Iberia, Louisiana (hull #108) as the the Drew Foss for the Foss Maritime Company of Seattle, Washington.
Powered by two, EMD 12-645-E6 diesel engines. With Falk 1230 MRDE-E reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.08:1. Turning two, 102(in) by 72(in), by 76(in), Coolidge, fixed pitch propellers. For a rated 3,000 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 115kW generator sets. Driven by two, GM Detroit Diesel 6V-71 diesel engines. The tug's capacities are 105,000 gallons of fuel, 140 gallons of hydraulic oil, 4,100 gallons of lube oil, 4,200 gallons of water, and a ballast capacity of 6,811 gallons in one tank, and 2,204 in the second.
The towing equipment consists of a Markey TDSD-32, double drum, towing winch. Outfitted with 2,200(ft) of 2(in) towing wire on the primary drum. And, 2,200(ft) of 2(in) towing wire on the secondary drum. With a Foss bow winch, mounted on her bow. And, a Slattery deck crane.