Built in 1940, by the Foss Maritime Company of Tacoma, Washington as the Oswell Foss for the Foss Tug and Launch Company of Tacoma, Washington.
On October 15th 1940, the tug was acquired by the United States Navy. Where she was converted at the Navy Yard, Puget Sound. And, on October 29th 1940, she designated as the YN-41 (Metea) And, was placed into service on November 5th, 1940.
On December 2nd 1940, she was assigned to the 11th Naval District. On May 1st 1941 the united Stated Navy re designated the tug as the YNT-9.
She provided net tending services at San Diego until May 14th, 1941. When the tug was transferred to San Pedro where she remained, as a unit of the inshore patrol until placed she was placed out of service on July 18th 1946.
On March 31st 1947, the tug was struck from the Naval Register, and transferred to the Maritime Administration for disposal.
In 1947, the tug was returned to the Foss Launch and Tug Company of Tacoma, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Oswell Foss.
In 1975, she was sold, and renamed as the Jenny W.
The tug was later acquired by the Foss Maritime Company of Tacoma, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Oswell Foss.
In 2012, she was acquired by Alaska Marine Response Incorporated of Cordova, Alaska. Where she was converted to a passenger vessel, and retained her name.
Powered by a single, eight cylinder, Enterprise diesel engine. She is a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower
Her electrical service is provided by one, 8kW, Northern Lights generator set, with a 2500 watt inverter. Driven by a single, four cylinder, Cummins diesel engine.
The tug's capacities are 6,105 gallons of fuel oil, a 600 gallon holding tank, and 900 gallons of fresh water.