Built in 1943, by Calumet Shipyard and Drydock Company of Chicago, Illinois (hull #LT 57) as the LT-57 for the United States Army.
In 1962, the tug was acquired by Foss Launch and Tug of Tacoma, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Ellen Foss.
In 1986, she was acquired by the Sause Brothers Ocean Towing Company of Portland, Oregon. Where was renamed as the Natoma.
In 1991, the tug was acquired by the Island Tug and Barge Company of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Chilkat Chief.
In 1996, she was acquired by Tabard International of Panama City, Panama. Where she was renamed as the Norman S.
In 2006, she was acquired by undisclosed interests in Honduras.. Where she was renamed as the Prometheus. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a twin engine, single screw tug. Rated at 4,000 horsepower.