Built in 1912, by Will A. Lowman of Anacortes, Washington as the Sound for the Coast Fish Company of Seattle, Washington.
She was built as a cannery tender for the Coast Fish Company of Seattle, Washington.
In 1940, the tug was acquired by the Foss Launch and Tug Company of Tacoma, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Carl Foss.
In 1969, she was acquired by a Foss Launch and Tug Company employee. Where the tug was renamed as the Jenny W.
In 2009, the tug went out of documentation. Her current, and or final disposition is unknown.
She was originally powered by a single, steam engine. In 1926, the tug was repowered with a single, Washington diesel engine, rated at 200 horsepower. In 1940, she was re powered with a single, Enterprise diesel engine, for a rated 170 horsepower.