Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
CLARKSTON
Photo by: Raenuld Greenleaf

Built in 1968, by East Gulf Shipyard Incorporated of Panama City, Florida as the Harry Collins for L E C Investment Corporation of New Orleans, Louisiana.

In 1974, she was acquired by the Knappton Towboat Company of Astoria, Oregon. Where the tug was renamed as the Clarkston.

In 1988, the Knappton Towboat Company became the Brix Maritime Company of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1993, the Brix Maritime Company was acquired by Foss Maritime of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.

In 2008, she was acquired by Tidewater Barge Lines Incorporated of Vancouver, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.

Powered by three, Caterpillar 3508B diesel engines. She is a triple screw tug, rated at 3,000 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: CLARKSTON
  • USCG Doc. No.: 514250
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Call Sign: WDE5220
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Ship Builder: EAST GULF SHPYDS INC
  • Year Built: 1968
  • Length: 74.7
  • Hailing Port: PORTLAND, OR.
  • Hull Depth: 10.8
  • Hull Breadth: 28.5
  • Gross Tonnage: 149
  • Net Tonnage: 101
  • Owner:
    TIDEWATER BARGE LINES INC
    6305 NW OLD LOWER RIVER ROAD PO BOX 1210
    VANCOUVER, WA
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Harry Collins
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    L E C Investment Corp, Knappton Towboat Co., BRIX MARITIME CO., Foss Maritime Co., TIDEWATER BARGE LINES INC, TIDEWATER BARGE LINES INC, TIDEWATER BARGE LINES INC, TIDEWATER BARGE LINES INC, TIDEWATER BARGE LINES INC, TIDEWATER BARGE LINES INC, TIDEWATER BARGE LINES INC, TIDEWATER BARGE LINES INC