Built in 1992, by Halter Marine Incorporated of Lockport, Louisiana (hull #1284) as the Kelly Candies for the Otto Candies Company of Des Allemands, Louisiana.
In 1999, the tug was eventually acquired by International Ship Management Services of of San Antonio,Florida. Where she was renamed as the Kelly.
In 2001, the tug was fitted with a Bludworth connection system and "married" with a liguid molten sulfur barge; the Alafia. The modifications were engineered by Ocean Tug and Barge engineering and performed at International Ship Repair of Tampa, Florida.
Powered by two, sixteen cylinder, EMD 16-645E7 diesel engines. Turning two, cast steel, fixed pitch propellers. She is a twin screw tug, rated at 5,700 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 150kW generator sets. The tug's capacities are 164,843 gallons of fuel, and 56,532 gallons of ballast.
(Ocean Tug and Barge Engineering)