Built in 1957, by Jakobson Shipyard of Oyster Bay, New York (hull #376) as the Frances Turecamo for Turecamo Maritime.
In 1998, Turecamo Maritime was acquired by Moran Towing Corporation where the Frances Turecamo retained her name.
She was eventually retired, and the tug was acquired by an individual, private owner named Steven Tureman where she was restored to her original wood grain paint scheme. Although, legal issues ensued and the tug was eventually placed into the care of the North River Tugboat Museum.
She is a single screw tug rated at 1,640 horsepower.