Built in 1943, by RTC Shipbuilding Incorporated of Camden, New Jersey (hull #138) as the Geo. Whitlock II for the Spentonbush Fuel Transport Service Incorporated of Brooklyn, New York.
In 1990, the tanker was acquired by the Eklof Marine Corporation of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Reliable II.
In 1993, the Eklof Marine Corporation was acquired by the K-Sea Transportation Partnership Incorporated of Staten Island, New York. Where the tanker retained her name.
In 2004, she was "laid up" at the K-Sea Transportation Partnership Incorporated's yard at Mariner's Harbor in Staten Island, New York. When the Oil Pollution Act of 1990, regulations prohibited the transport of petroleum products by single skin vessels.
In 2005, the tanker was scrapped. She was a single screw, rated at 805 horsepower.