Built 1946, by Luders Marine Construction of Stamford, Connecticut (hull #530) as the Orion for the Boston Towboat Company of Boston, Massachusetts.
In 1989, She was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. where she was renamed as the Southport.
In 1997, the tug was acquired by Minroc Marine Construction of Titusville, Florida. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2011, The tug was later sold to undisclosed Bolivian Interests. Where she was renamed as the Rusty Pelican. The tug was a single screw, rated at 1,600 horsepower.